Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: US pres election was hacked away by Dumbya&cabal. (fwd)

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:32:02 -0500

Paul Schmehl wrote:

Normally I would not post publicly a private email from someone without their permission, but this bozo deserves it.

You want to threaten me, Seth? Please, contact my boss. Write hundreds of letters to the editor of whatever papers you desire.

While you're at it, contact the Governor and request an investigation of my "illegal" activities. I'm sure, once they're done laughing, his staff will immediately commence a thorough investigation of moi employing the full resources of the State Attorney General's office.

Back when I used to work at a University (I went on to bigger, better, and more highly skilled work years ago - not to decry anyone who works at a University or anything) I saw somebody get fired for doing precisely what Seth cited... which also happens to be what you're doing.

Perhaps they ignore laws and regulations in Texas... I don't know. But in the Northeast, it would be reason for release or suspension if you used state time and resources (the mail server) to send out politically charged messages. As an aside, that person was one of only two people I saw fired over a two and a half year period. The other guy was fired for hacking into financial institutions during work hours.

So, while you're laughing, I say Seth should write those letters and pursue it, as long as you're going to publicly dare him to do it.
         -Barry

p.s. In either case, it's not particularly smart to post political diatribes from your work address, regardless of what consequences come with it.