Full Disclosure mailing list archives

I don't know if anyone has noticed...

From: Eric Scher <ericscher () mac com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:36:55 -0500

I just received my first "Digest" version of F.D. since the switchover.

Seeing all the subject lines in a row kind of made it stand out that  "US pres election was hacked away by Dumbya &
Cabal."  was the subject line on 10 out of 31 posts. That's about 32%.

Think about that.

32% of the bandwidth that it took to deliver that e-mail was for subject matter better suited to DemocraticUnderground
or FreeRepublic.   (And yes, I grasp the irony of THIS message in the context of the prior statement)

Look, it's not my bandwidth, so I don't really care very much, but am I -REALLY- the only one thinking this has gotten
out of hand? And this isn't about free speech either. This is about appropriate content. When I was in college, I
didn't sign up for a Math class so I could listen to the professor lecture on political science.

It would be really great if the people on this list could control themselves on this issue. That's probably a
completely unrealistic expectation, but every once in a while it would do us all good to remember that self-control IS
an option.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time with this message and I will make up for it by not bringing it up again.

eric