Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bios programming...

From: Peter Besenbruch <prb () lava net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:21:49 -1000

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:44:39PM -0500, Matt Marooney wrote:

  I am trying to write a program to help people who are addicted to internet
  pornography...

  This application would be tied into an online service where
  someone could sign up for monitoring, and download a thin client app.  The
  application would run in the background of the person's computer, and
  upload the person's internet activity to the website.  The service would
  then email this activity report to designated recipients.  I have most of
  the knowledge to create this service, but I need to know how to do a
  couple things:...

  2. obviously, the program does not need to be very large, so I want it to
  run in the background and not be visible to the computer's user. This is
  easy, I know, but I want the process to be completely invisible. (even to
  super-geeks)

Christian Leber wrote:

There is no reason why someone would sign up for a service that installs
some application that is invisible and not removable and sents data to
some "service"...

In the end you are either a insufficient troll[1] or someone who has no idea of nothing.
Oh, or you are working for the Bush administration.

No, I suspect he is working for a company that wants state, or local government contracts for monitoring pedophiles. Pedophile access to the Internet is often limited as a part of their probation or parole. The software Mr. Marooney proposes would enable such people to use the Internet more extensively. Unfortunately, even I can think of some easy ways to bypass such a system.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky