Full Disclosure mailing list archives

verify ssl cert command line

From: Dave King <davefd () davewking com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:32:18 -0600

Sorry about the messed up subject. I realized it right after I sent it. Anyways, thanks for the advice and I think I can use openssl s_client to do what I need, I had considered openssl verify but I'm going to have to check a bunch of certs and didn't want to have to deal with downloading and storing certs tempararily to check them if possible.

Thanks,
Dave

Harry Hoffman wrote:

openssl s_client -connect host:port

will tell you if the cert is not valid

Dave wrote:

Hi All-
I need a command line tool that will verify that an SSL cert is valid, much like the check a browser performs. I'm pretty sure I could hack one using the SSLeay perl module, but if one's already available, I'd rather use that. If nobody knows of one, but has some tips on how to use SSLeay or some other library to check certs then I'd appreciate any advice.