Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Intense School finally goes under, bought up by k-mart of security companies

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:33:55 -0400

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:29:35 PDT, Larry Blumenthal said:

Please check this press release issued by intense
school after the lawsuit was launched by microsoft:

http://www.forrelease.com/D20040922/cgtu022a.P2.09222004180832.14048.html

It states: "We are advised by a representative for
Intense School that journalists and other readers
should disregard the news release, Intense School
Partners With Microsoft on Training Programmers to
Write Secure Code, issued Tuesday, Sept. 21, as it
contained some erroneous information. Intense School
said a revised release is expected at a future date."

Please show where this PR says *anything* about a lawsuit *actually* being
launched - all that's there is a "We were talking out our ass and decided it
was a bad idea".  There's a high probability that somebody from Microsoft
called and said "Ahem..", and that was sufficient.  It *might* even have
ranged as far as "Ahem.  Please fix this or we'll have to seriously consider
having our lawyers asking you to fix this".  But neither of those actually
classify as launching a lawsuit.

|  Larry,  Don't Post Dumb Shit To Full Disclosure |