Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: thunderbird privacy...

From: Adam Neale <aneale () messagelabs com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:49:54 +0100

My understanding is, to remove these items for good you compact the folder, this is done by right clicking the folder and
selecting "Compact This Folder", then its gone for good.

Regards
Adam Neale

Wade Woolwine wrote:
confirmed on windows as well. wtf is this about?!?!?!? deleted several
mails, dumped the trash, closed the app...and still, they're in the flat
files.
I looked around a little and found the following settings in the
prefs.js file:
user_pref("mail.server.server3.daysToKeepBodies", 30);
user_pref("mail.server.server3.daysToKeepHdrs", 30);

I changed the value to 0, but TB reset it to the default 30.

Any input from the rest of the list?