Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security of phpBB

From: "Tom Edwards" <topbeachwear () hotmail de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:53:47 +0200

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your email. The software is installed on our normal internet server. We had a complete data loss recently and the forum is just for general discussion (e.g. people ask questions about a certain product etc.) but there aren't many postings currently (due to the data loss). I have chosen phpBB because I found it on Google (as well as a good installation guide) and did not have any problems installing it (after getting PHP on IIS running in the first place). Will Phorum run on Windows? And what is mod_security?

Thank you Daniel for your response.

Kind regards,
Tom Edwards, Manager