Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: In USA the Government Votes for YOU? - Electronic Voting Systems'Security, Report

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:27:19 -0500

--On June 11, 2005 5:57:05 PM +0300 Jei <jei () cc hut fi> wrote:

Those interested in the security of electronic voting systems
(and related issues), might find this report very interesting.

http://truthout.org/Conyersreport.pdf

Interesting in what way? There's one unsubstantiated claim of electronic voting machines in one area that "transferred" an unknown number of votes from Kerry to Bush. The entire rest of the report has to do with procedural complaints that have applicability to any security issues that I'm aware of. There's no evidence presented of fraud or malfunction issues regarding electronic voting machines other than the single unsubstantiated claim mentioned above.

If you're referring to the broader issue of fairness in elections, I'll get excited about Conyers' report when the Democrats thoroughly investigate Wisconsin and Washington. Until then, their complaints fall on deaf ears.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member