Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: plz suggest security for DLL functions

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:57:24 -0400

Who said anything about Windows?  The concept of a remote procedure call is
much older than Microsoft, and Sun had RPC to support NFS while Windows was
still thinking about how to implement TCP....

Quite right .. I was just in the original mindset of the question. I also failed to mention that it need not be RPC that's exposed to actually make it work .. it could (should) be wrapped via most any tunnel.

From a practical standpoint, if you're going to "host" the SecretSauce.DLL file, you might as well just offer the whole thing as a hosted application.

You're still probably best off with a good EULA and legions of lawyers.

~Mike.