Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: [USN-147-1] PHP XMLRPC vulnerability

From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz () canonical com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 02:43:07 -0700

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:14:21AM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
Zitat von Martin Pitt <martin.pitt () canonical com>:

Please note that many applications contain a copy of the affected
XMLRPC code,
which must be fixed separately. The following packages may also be
affected,
but are unsupported in Ubuntu:

- drupal
- wordpress
- phpwiki
- horde3
- ewiki
- egroupware
- phpgroupware

To avoid confusion, I want to make clear that Horde applications are
NOT affected by this vulnerability because we don't use the vulnerable
software. I would appreciate if such statements would be cross checked
with the projects before releasing them to the public.

The text above is quite clear in its terms; note in particular the language
"contain a copy of the affected XMLRPC code" and "may also be affected".
It merely informs the reader that this code has been duplicated in other
places, and warns that the presence of a vulnerability was not confirmed in
these other packages.

--
 - mdz