Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Transamericana.org

From: Antonio Henrique Oliveira <tat () postmark net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:03:39 +0000

Gregh wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Antonio Henrique Oliveira" <tat () postmark net>
To: <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 9:46 PM
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Transamericana.org

Dear all,

Please excuse me if this is a bit off-topic, but since this is the only IT related mailing list I subscribe (apart from Secunia's) I decided to post here.

From sometime ago (I cannot determine exactly when this started to happen), my workstation (WinXP SP2 PT, fully patched) has been sending out ping requests to www.transamericana.org when I login to the machine (right at the beginning of the login process, and only at that time).

Perchance is your DNS hosted there? Eg, your ISP's DNS servers?

Greg.
No. The Linux box runs bind for the internal (and external) networks and
does direct queries to the root servers, not using our ISP's DNS. The
internal network is configured with DHCP and the DNS server for all
hosts is set to the linux box internal address. Also, my workstation
(and there are 5 more) is the only one doing this.

Regards,
--
Anto'nio Henrique A. Proenca de Oliveira

"Although we can never go back, like an old sweet song with a strong
refrain, memories remain" - (Someone)

$Id: .signature,v 1.3 2004/07/14 08:08:10 tat Exp tat $

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html