Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Linux kernel uselib() privilege elevation, corrected

From: Athanasius <Athanasius () miggy org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:20:52 +0000

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:56:32AM +0000, Marcy Darcy wrote:
I'm running a small server with the 2.6.10 kernel.

The exploit doesen't seem to be working on this kernel. Is there a way
to make sure the sistem is vulnerable or not?

  I couldn't get the exploit to work for 2.6.10 either.  First there's
changing a struct in it to user_desc to make it compile, then it just
SEGVs all the time here.
  This is quite apart from the fact it's trying to exploit a race
condition and as such can take a lot of attempts in a loop to actually
work anyway (must have hit it on the 50th or more iteration on my 2.4.28
machine).
  Anyone got working exploit code for 2.6.10 ?

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
                  Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key