Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Xfree86 video buffering?

From: "KF (Lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:07:04 -0500

defiance wrote:
I would do a quick visit to slashdot after your nighly porn session. Then she'll never know :)

Hahah yeah I am waiting for her to google for my name one day and see this post. It was really just a silly example off the top of my head. =]

Seriously though, I think this has to do with stuff getting left in the video memory. I don't think X flushes it properly. Or I could have no idea what I'm talking about.

That is sort of what I was thinking. I figured it was either that or perhaps something to do with KDE sessions. I have not really used any other window managers so I can't say if it happens while using gdm or xdm.

It does not seem to be specific to any particular video card either since this happens on multiple machines.

-KF
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html