Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Cain and Abel

From: Nick Vasiliev <delete852 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:36:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I have been reading this list for some time now. Haven't contributed much because I am still learning but recently
stumbled into a security issue that bothered me. A friend of mine showed me Cain and Abel, after giving it a few runs
on my network the results were scary. I have been trying to find a decent solution on how to prevent the main in the
middle attack with it however I wasn't able to come up with a good working solution. I have tried to set up static arp
mappings on my system however the new ones overwrote the old ones. Also I am not sure but does it also screw with
switch's arp tables or just the client ones? Any feedback would be nice
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html