Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: a call for full-disclosure to become a

From: Joachim Schipper <j.schipper () math uu nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:54:26 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:35:00PM +0000, Xyberpix wrote:
I have to agree on this one that I don't think that moderation is the way to go.
This is a damn good list, with a load of really intelligent people on it, who
really contribute a lot to the entire community.
Just because a few of us got outta hand taking the piss out of n3td3v, it's no
need to moderate the list. I know that I am guilty on this count, but seriously
anyone who hasn't had a good laugh in regard to the whole n3td3v saga recently,
probably doesn't have a sense of humor.

Maybe when taking the piss out of idiots we should come up with some sort of
fronting for the subject? Kinda like [OT], or maybe in this case [n3td3v], that
way people can easily setup procmail filters and the like to filter out the stuff
that the don't want to. If we all agree on some sort of format, this could really
work. This way the list will stay unmodded, people will get out of it what they
want, and we can still take the piss?

Thoughts, comments, etc?

I see no reason to take a piss. Other than IRL, of course, where taking
a piss is a rather good idea once in a while.

But if it must happen, yes, please preface it with something like that.

The other alternatives are either moderating a select few (effective in
getting the message accross, but easily circumvented), or the
mailing-list equivalent of everybody getting killfiles.

                Joachim