Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: a call for full-disclosure to become a moderatedlist

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:27:28 -0600

it seems to me that without a moderator (since there is the
apparent absence of people who are moderate, or even
civilized), this list will continue its degeneration into a
never-ending pissing contest.

True, but it has always been that way....you must be new ;) In the last
month has it been getting worse, I agree.

(some people don't seem to think that the social compact one
accepts when joining a list applies to them.

Some people don't think...

how many people who actually find value in this list (which i
have, since len rose set it up quite a long time ago) agree
with this position?

Member banning should always be an option, but this list might as well
become Bugtraq...if you want moderation. The openness of the list is
what makes it a different list. Why change FD, when there are at least a
hundred moderated security list, you can join? Even a moderated FD list
already exist, I think. I think you would be in the minority on this
call..

if you think there's a compelling reason for no moderation,
i'd like to hear it.

Moderation slows and restricts information. If you rather a moderator
pick what is important to you and your company..there are list you can
join.

-Todd