Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Google Talk cleartext credentials in processmemory

From: Colin <colweb () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:06:13 +0000

On 01/12/05, pagvac <unknown.pentester () gmail com> wrote:

Even in corp environments you still see some users running admin
privileges. Yes, I agree, it doesn't happen as often as in home
environments, but it *does* happen.

Our corporate environment is almost completely full of administrators.
The EMEA region is tighter, but ASIAPAC and AMERICAS regions and
basically 100% admins. Management dont see the point "if the machine
can just be re-imaged".... god save us.  Mind you our EMEA region
everyone is a "Power User" which as most will know can get Admin
rights in about 1 minute.

More worrying was the Domain Admins logging onto their PCs every day
with those privs.. omg