Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Famous n3td3v quotes - The Director's Cut (out now on DVD)

From: Steve Russell <steve_r125 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:50:20 +0000 (GMT)

--- John Cartwright <johnc () grok org uk> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 05:04:55AM +0000, Steve
Russell wrote:
It was not a personal attack - it was humour, the
difference being you obviously cannot tell them
apart.

Hi

As I have spent a significant amount of time
recently
attempting to stop list members singling out
individuals for
any reason I am dismayed at your disregard for my
efforts,
and your attempts to justify adding to the problem.

There is a lot of noise centering around n3td3v at
the moment,
and to make jokes at the expense of one individual
in these
circumstances is clearly going to exascerbate the
issue,
amusing or otherwise.

Furthermore your continued trend of replying
publicly to
private mail is simply rude and in breach of
netiquette, and
adds to the noise further. Frankly I'd hoped that
you could
just take note of my requests and move on ... I
extend list
members the courtesy of asking nicely before
resorting to
moderation and would hope that it is appreciated.

Cheers
- John

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not disregarding your
efforts at all and believe I can speak for most on
this list (people can disagree if they feel that way)
that we appreciate your work in maintaining this list
(when it could have gone under) which I'm a fan of,
and we extend our thanks to you for doing so.

Maybe in light of a humourous post, I should have
posted it to FunSec - but then the guys there (I
assume) don't know who n3td3v is, thus leading them to
not see the humour, which would have made it a
pointless post.

Replying publicly was my intention for everyone to see
what was going on, and that it wasn't meant to be
taken seriously - if that was offensive to you, then I
extend my apologies as well.

Thanks
-Steve