Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: certifications

From: Yvan Boily <yboily () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:45:11 -0600

On 12/8/05, c0ntex <c0ntexb () gmail com> wrote:

Don't be blinded by certificates and qualifications, there are many
good hackers and security all-rounders that neither have degrees in CS
nor any form of certification.

Pitch yourslef, sell your talent right, detail your skill sets and how
they match what the company need and you should have no trouble
getting an interview.

I would tend to agree with this.  The only reason I have my CISSP is because
my employer offered me a raise if I got the cert.  It is very much the
case that what you achieve in life is the result of how hard you work, how
good you are at what you do, and how well you network (with people, not
computers).