Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Software Firewalls for Windows

From: Ivan Arce <ivan.arce () coresecurity com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:34:08 -0300

You may want to test Core FORCE as well. It's still in early beta stage,
free under an apache 2.0 license and let's you configure firewall rules,
filesystem and registry access permissions on a per application basis.
it uses a Windows port of OpenBSD's PF as its firewall engine.

http://force.coresecurity.com

-ivan

Paul Stephens wrote:
Hi list, I've been a firm advocate of Sygate Pro for some time but as Symantec
has bought and canned it I'm wondering what you guys would recommend as a
replacement.

From the limited testing I've done I'm leaning toward Ghostwall for XP64 &
Outpost for 32bit machines.

Any suggestions welcomed.