Full Disclosure mailing list archives

win32 exploit development - weirdness??

From: "RaMatkal" <RaMatkal () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:54:36 +0200

having one of those days....im about ready to put my foot through my computer....

writing stack overflow on win32 arc...

i overflow eip with a pop/pop/ret, jump to my bind shellcode and im away.....all works perfectly but....

when i attach to the process with my debugger and step through the exploit, it works 100% of the time....however, when
i try and exploit the server without the debugger attached, the service just seems to crash.....

anyone have any idea what could cause this sort of behaviour?
anyone have an idea how i can take a look at what is going wrong? remember, when i attach my debugger it works!!!

Thanks in advance,
RaMatkal