Full Disclosure mailing list archives

list name change suggestion

From: PCSC Information Services <info () pcsage biz>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:54:45 -0500

<rant>
I've been on the list for a couple of years now... and what used to be a quite credible list has now degraded into a list with a very low signal/noise ratio... While I have not submitted any vulnerabilities, I have enjoyed the discussions of the same, and have used this list to illustrate to clients what specifically can happen by leaving themselves exposed. The purpose and intent of this list is to provide Full Disclosure, often beating Vendors own admissions of vulnerabilities or flaws in their software. With the new paradigm of submit > flame >> flame harder >> flame even harder etc... I suggest that the new list name be flame-disclosure () lists grok org uk as it will be more clear to the security community what it is that's being accomplished on this list. If you're under 30, no matter what kind of education you have, you still have plenty that you can learn... if you're over 30, no matter what kind of education you have, you're still human...we all make mistakes, hell, I might even be making one suggesting that we all just try to show each other some professional courtesy, especially to the newer younger members who are trying to cut their teeth in a fairly corrupt and colluded industry.

In the spirit of the holiday season, wouldn't it be nice to just have some ceasefire?

info AT pcsage DOT biz

Herry Qwanakkadanmas!