Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive Information Disclosure Vulnerability in Kinetics Kiosk Product

From: Sam Evans <wintrmte () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:29:00 -0600

Jason,

Not that I disagree with you here, but I am not sure I understand why you
think that connecting to a host outside the private address ranges is
irresponsible by the company?

The connectivity from this Kiosk to the destination displayed could be one
of:

The destination host only allows point to point connectivity, controlled by
a firewall or that the connectivity from this Kiosk is through a VPN
connection.

I also don't see the difference of using Internet Explorer versus any other
browser. Script errors are script errors and will be displayed regardless
which browser they use unless specifically disabled (as you mentioned).