Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Disney Down?

From: imipak <imipak () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:34:12 +0100

Larry Seltzer wrote:

none of the current attacks will directly infect Windows XP systems,
including consumer systems, and therefore will not linger there. To
illustrate the point, it's a long time now since the RPC/DCOM bug
was patched and still there are lots of infected systems out there
spitting Blaster at the world; how many do you think are in Fortune
500 companies as opposed to consumer systems?

And what proportion of Internet-connected Windows PCs on the planet
belong to Fortune 500 companies, do you think?

And anyway -- I've personally witnessed 'Fortune 500' corps doing some
pretty astonishing stupidly insecure things, and I'm sure lots of
other FD'ers have their own horror stories. Take a few experienced
network and sysadmins to the pub some time... (Now I copme to think of
it -- is anyone collecting real world infosec horror stories?)

pip pip,

/i

--
And what exactly is a dream?