Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Plaxo?

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:45:34 +1200

Aditya Deshmukh wrote:

I need some advice about allowing plaxo running on my internal network.

Shoud I allow it or ban it ?

Default deny.

If you need to ask, there is clearly _no_ need to ask...

And a hint to clueful thinking about all such services -- how can you
(or your users) assure the confidentiality of your/their address books
if they are being stored and managed offsite?

That is not to say that such is not possible -- depending on the
standards you wish or need to maintain -- but do any of these quasi-
anonymous web-based address book managers even start to take the kinds
of steps necessary to assure you to the level you require?  And, how
can you be sure that they actually do meet those requirements?  Is
their "terms of service" document really a sufficient basis on which to
form such a relationship?

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald