Full Disclosure mailing list archives

email attack vector just got wider

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:41:35 -0400

It seems most people I know haven't noticed that the new version of Adobe
Acrobat (7) now allows for embedded/attached documents.
 Since PDF's have generally been considered a safe document format and are
typically not blocked by content/attachment scanners, this now opens an
email-based attack vector that anti-virus providers [to the best of my
knowledge] are not currently addressing.
 Many thanks to Adobe for creating another issue for us to deal with, and
especially for not having the forethought to coordinate with anti-virus
vendors to prepare for assuredly future exploitation of the technology.

--
ME2

my home: <http://www.santeriasys.net/>
my photos: <http://mespinola.blogspot.com/>