Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: openbsd 3.8 under GPL?

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 11:17:34 +0300

this one was an april fool joke, don't take it seriously.

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:27:28PM -0500, Vladamir wrote:
I think the "G" is GNU, making GCC = GNU C COMPILER

Georgi Guninski wrote:
there are persistent rumors supported by check-ins on cvs.openbsd.org
in private -GPL branch that openbsd 3.8 will be released under GPL.

analysts believe that theo accepting the fsf award for his contributions
to GPL is just a part of the plot.

rumor says theo have said:
"definitely we can't build world without gcc. what the fuck is the 'G' in
gcc?
either we build a cc without 'G' so we can build world our way or we become
GPL."