Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Internet Going Down For Maintenance

From: Kye Lewis <kye () lewislan id au>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:54:11 +1000

Jason Coombs wrote:

Is this serious?
It is not funny.

It is very serious. Child pornography has spread to every corner of the Internet, and the only way to clean it all up
is to first shut it all down.

Surprising you hadn't heard about this earlier...
But slashdot (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/01/2114252&tid=95) says that actually it's being shut down permanently by the U.N. - who am I to believe?!!?!!!!111!!oneone!!11

Either it's being shut down just for maintainence or it's permanent; or is there some sort of other technology that they're going to replace it with? Guess I can cancel this DSL service now. That's OK though, I was having line issues anyway, just makes life easier dealing with telstra this way :)

Thanks,

--Kye Lewis
kye(at)lewislan.id.au