Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How to Report a Security VulnerabilitytoMicrosoft

From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:40:04 +0000 GMT

Paul (greyhatsecurity.org) wrote:
We went out to dinner on a couple
occasions and had a good time

Wow, Paul. You sell your soul for a couple of mouthfuls of food?

No way is Microsoft to be trusted just because there are a bunch of potentially-good people doing technical work in the
trenches. They are called 'pawns' and the abuse and exploitation of those people is legendary.

I say 'potentially' good because any one of them could, at any moment, quit Microsoft and by so doing prove themselves
dedicated to creating a better future for everyone, even when it means a little personal hardship to do so.

The question that matters is who are the executives of Microsoft, and what are they doing today?

You may have temporarily forgotten that the executives at Microsoft have done terrible things that have harmed every
person on Earth. Fortunately, the rest of us haven't.

Microsoft must know how to pick a nice bottle of wine.

Regards,

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org