Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windoze almost managed to 200x repeat 9/11

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:02:15 -0500

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 15:55, Ron DuFresne wrote:
Who do we
blame? Operators or products?

or vendors.  you forgot vendors Frank! <gryn>.  vendors drive how other
apps are produced for the environment, which drives how technical folks
deal with them...

Heya Ron,

yeah, you're right. But we have to better specify "vendor". For one
there are the manufacturer of products. Then there are the resellers and
consultants that introduce products into organizations. It sounds like
you are referring to the later part.

I think operators/employees and reseller/consultants do feel heat when
products fails (employees being shafted/fired and resellers/consultants
being "not called back" and losing contracts). I think we need to put
more emphasis/heat/blame on the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Frank