Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Computer security and Sex

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:31:44 -0700

Yeah, most shold understand what's taking place. The subject of the
email gives it away pretty well. =)

In case you're still wondering, here's what I believe those terms mean:

 - HUP: Perl client for the "Uptimes Project". (http://www.uptimes.net/)
 - TEMPEST: Acronym has been argued. (http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm/tempest.html)
 - SARA: Security Auditor's Research Assistant (http://www-arc.com/sara/)

You can get the relation from the first two somewhat easily if you
look at it. HUP being related to "Uptime" is obvious now, I'd hope. ;)

TEMPEST is known to stand for "Tremendously Endowed Men Performing
Exciting Sexual Techniques". The TEMPEST relation to computer security
is described on the page I mentioned above. As I said, it's true
long-form has been argued. (Basic meaning: it's a code word that
relates to specific standards used to reduce electromagnetic
emanations.)

SARA could be taken two ways. (hah, no pun intended.) Either as a
female name in the simplest form, or, an inuendo on "Auditor's
Research Assistant" (as in secretary). You can decide that one for
yourself.

--
Peace. ~G