Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Rootkit For Spyware? Hide your adware from all Adware removers and Anti-viruses

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:47:16 -0700

As I referenced in my previous reply, Todd stated what I was arguing against.

We all know it doesn't take a lot to hide from the normal everyday user
on the internet. I believe that is what they meant by "hide from
everything". Of course it isn't completely hidden. But normal users are
not sniffing packets from a computer on a isolated network to find
things.

I took the word "everything" literally. Hence why I argued it was mere
spam with false claims. Also, why I asked "If this was actually
possible, don't you think it would of been big news?". For example, we
likely would of seen code/discussion for it on this mailing list, or
ASM on Rootkit.com before receiving a spam email for it.

But again, I suppose this is also speculation to a point. I by no
means consider myself the most knowledgable on the topic.

Harlan, forgot to mention this before: Awesome website. I'm looking
for a good price on the book in another tab while typing this email.
=)

--
Peace. ~G

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:59:04 -0500, Todd Towles