Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Spyware? Worm? Trojan? "face license free bait"

From: Jason Thibeault <jthibeault () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:42:51 -0400

This would be the newest version of LOP, a nice piece of spyware that
present Spybot S&D signature files don't recognize.  You probably got
it (like a few others at my workplace) by installing Messenger Plus! 3
and agreeing to the EULA that it presents.  Here's a hint -- that EULA
isn't for Messenger Plus!, but rather for C2Media's "sponsor program".
As soon as I'm done the draft for a quick dissection I just completed
earlier this afternoon, I'll post it in reply to this thread.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:39:31 -0700 (PDT), Harlan Carvey