Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: All Antivirus, Trojan, Spy ware scanner, Nested file manual scan bypass bugs. [Part IV]

From: lee.e.rian () census gov
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:27:26 -0400

Ok, how to delete that crap? Any idea?

from http://www.ss64.com/nt/del.html
Files are sometimes created with the reserved names: CON, AUX, COM1, COM2,
COM3, COM4, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, PRN, NUL
To delete these use the syntax: DEL \\.\C:\somedir\LPT1

same idea using RMDIR to get rid of the directory

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           Kolja Powischer            |
|         |           <ultor () gmx net>            |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           10/04/2004 03:38 PM        |
|         |           Please respond to Kolja    |
|         |           Powischer                  |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       full-disclosure () lists netsys com
                           |
  |       cc:
                        |
  |       Subject:  Re[2]: [Full-disclosure] All Antivirus, Trojan, Spy ware scanner, Nested file manual scan bypass
bugs. [Part IV]            |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi group,

I don't think your super AV will detect the "eicar
test string file" withing "NULL.con" folder??? :)

My AV detected the string... www.free-av.de H+BEDV Datentechnick GmbH.

anyways... let me know HOW? when you figure out to how
to delete "NULL.con" directory.

Ok, how to delete that crap? Any idea?
Is it an NTFS error? I don't think so, because I wrote that directory
to a FAT32 filesystem...

bye
Kolja

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.