Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS Security Bulletins

From: "Calum Power" <enune () fribble net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:28:31 +1100 (EST)

MS04-038 CRITICAL Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
(834707)
Five remote code execution and three information disclosure
vulnerabilities exist in Internet Explorer.

Is it just me, or does this signal a push for a FULL code-audit on IE?
Microsoft have been plagued by the vulnerabilities discovered in their
packages (MS-RPC, LSASS) over the past 2 years, however, the vulns
discovered in IE have been pushed by the wayside without too much fuss.

It is about time Microsoft started taking note of the amount of reports
they are receiving in one of their 'flagship' products, and order a
complete, professional (did I say third-party? They already employ 30+
secure programming 'experts') audit on their most seemingly vulnerable
product.

Just my $0.02AUD worth =)

Calum
--