Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Denial of service in KitchenAid blenders

From: DanB UK <danbuk () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:33:38 +0100

Now this I like.

      ------------------------[ Implications ]------------------------

  The implications are numerous. Chefs can be extremely frustrated, thus
causing severe material and social damage.

I never knew that a blender could cause so much!

  Other colors are likely to be affected as well. The silver "pro" model may
be affected as well.

Better watch out for that silver pro! hehe

       ------------------------[ Workarounds ]------------------------

  No workaround is known yet.
  Never give access to the device to untrusted users.

I believe that is the same for computers? No?

      ------------------------[ Vendor status ]------------------------

  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any contact at KitchenAid's for
security flaws in mixer firmwares.

They should add an email account, now!

I really liked this posting. Provides some humour on a Sunday evening!
Honestly I really did like it.

--
DanB UK
London, UK