Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: irc legaility

From: Andrew Farmer <andfarm () teknovis com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:52:30 -0800

On 19 Nov 2004, at 17:22, Simon Lorentsen wrote:
In the following scenario; you are a business, is IRC logs of conversations and lists of hosts be help up in a court of law if a client you spoke to refused to pay or hold up the end of a bargain or agreement, and is faxing a document (no hard copies sent via post) accepted as a legal document in a court of law.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd seriously doubt it, especially as plain-text logs can easily be falsified.