Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Secret Vulns: Places of confusion

From: "Berend-Jan Wever" <skylined () edup tudelft nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 04:36:52 +0100

Since we're sharing information:
Sometimes ago I have examined the products of many software company's to see if it's possible to exploit
vulnerabilities remotely. I have found a number of vulnerabilities in a number of software products. Vendors have (or
will be) informed of my successful work.

In most software products it is possible to:
- overflow buffers.
- exploit format string vulnerabilities.
- exploit race conditions.
- exploit logical errors.
etc. etc.

I will not reveal what software is affected and how until patches are available. I just wanted to tell you this so you
know, so don't complain afterwards I didn't warn you. I _will_ answer questions but I can not guarantee the answer will
be satisfactory.

Cheers,
SkyLined