Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP2 Vulnerabilities / FD vs. Security by Obscurity

From: K-OTik Security <staff () k-otik com>
Date: 19 Nov 2004 20:16:21 -0000

Let s play, on Wednesday 17, Nov - Secunia released the advisory Microsoft Internet Explorer Two Vulnerabilities,
related to a vulnerability discovered by cyber flash. This file download security warning bypass (unpatched) flaw could
be exploited to download a malicious executable file masqueraded as a HTML document.

Microsoft said : Secunia you're bad, this vulnerability was not disclosed responsibly
Secunia said NO ! No ! We did not release the technical details of this flaw and our policy is to not reveal
vulnerability details until a fix had been provided, unless they were already in the wild. We did not discover this
vulnerability, so we can not censure it
Some people said Who is cyberflash ? perhaps Secunia discovered this flaw, but masked it behind a third party researcher
K-OTik Says to Some people : cyber flash is not a fictitious security researcher
K-OTik Says to MS & Secunia : There is no security through obscurity...and full disclosure is our policy

Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 File Download Security Warning Bypass

Exploit -> http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/20041119.IESP2Unpatched.php
Technical Details - > http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/20041119.IESP2disclosure.php

all credits go to Cyber flash A.K.A Vengy

Regards
K-OTik Security Research & Survey Team 24/7
kttp://www.k-otik.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html