Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: "You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to an otherwise GOOD security email list."

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:16:34 -0500

Michael Evanchik wrote:

I have no problem with this list.  I use a tool to passively filter this
list the same that I do for the spam problem that has taken over planet
earth....

In your email client there is a button that will take care of this for you.

Look for something in the respects of "DELETE"

Anyone who can not decipher what is good and what is bad should be
unsubscribed instead.

Agreed. But some people, of course, the first thing they think of when they read something they don't like/agree with is "lock it down, control everything, and remove the offender!"

When you're talking about networks and crime scenes, yeah - that works. When you're talking about open mailing lists, it should only be used in extreme circumstances (moderated mailing lists are a different story)...

We're not there yet... the delete key is still quite functional for weeding out the noise.

            -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html