Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AIM saved password storing

From: Ill will <xillwillx () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:15:38 -0500

yes basically you can export the encoded password in the registry and
use it onanother computer, all that you would need to then was make a
password change and hope that the person doesnt check their email in
the next 24 hours to block the attempt... the old aim 4.7 and below
used to take that encoded pass from the registry and pass it along to
oscore.dll in the aim directory which used a decrypt function to
change back to plain text before signing on ... aol was finally smart
enough to change their logon function with aim 4.8 and above