Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[off-topic] Re: Gmail won't be 100% free

From: Steve R <steve_r125 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:04:13 +0000 (GMT)

 --- n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com> wrote:
Clues to Gmail's future have made an appearence
since the
implementation of the e-mail forwarding service. In
the help section,
Gmail admits forwarding will only be free during the
beta testing
period.

I feel the Gmail we have at the moment, will not be
the same free
version we get once the service goes live on a
real-time launch of the
popular e-mail service.

I think the features on Gmail, not just forwarding,
will be a limited
package for free. While paying consumers will
benifit from the full
version of Gmail we are experiencing right now.

Therefore, I see Yahoo and Hotmail amoung others, as
not being as bad
an offer as Gmail is making them out to look at the
moment. We see
Yahoo and Hotmail only at 250MB, whereas Gmail is
offering 1GB. Now
Here is me thinking the vendors have inside
knowledge of what is going
to be the free package of Gmail and what features
will indeed be a
premium service.

Thanks,
n3td3v

Why use Gmail?
http://www.omnilect.com offers 2GB for free (with
Windows use a HOSTS file to block the banner ad
servers) or for about $2 a month you can do what you
like with it (POP3/SMTP etc etc)

Regards
Steve

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com