Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New REmote Windows Exploit (MS04-029)

From: Michael Riedel <mike () yakastonia com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:07:47 -0500

Ok so I was dumb enough to run it. Anyone else catch what commands they run/ know of a way to track. I really don't feel like re-compiling gentoo.

-mike

Vincent Archer wrote:

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:32:33PM +0100, Ferdinand Klinzer wrote:
It´s a simple perl script...

and i don´t think you can call it an remote exploit?

It's more subtle than you think.

The "exploit" is supposed to try to open a cmd tool on 31337 (eleet) on
a target Windows. It fails; the window system is secure... but meanwhile,
there's a perl IRC bot running in the background of *your* system.

It's not a remote exploit, it's a trojan targeting the readers of this
list.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html