Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Which XP svchost service listens on port 1025 ?

From: "BillyBobKnob" <billybobknob () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:46:10 -0300

On XP with a netstat -ano I see that svchost is listening on port 1025.
Then running a tasklist -SVC I see which services are running under this
particular svchost.
I have tried disabling most of them and restarting the server service but
port 1025 stays in listening state.

Any ideas why XP is setup be default to listen on this port ?
Its typical TCP/IP service is the blackjack service and I know this is the
first unregistered port that the RPC service uses most of the time, but the
RPC service is running under another instance of svchost (different PID)

Thanks
Shoshin

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html