Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sasser author

From: Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob () suespammers org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:57:32 -0300

1) Company has firewalls and security stuff (and staff)
2) Manager has a notebook
3) Manager insist that his notebook should not be connected to a
   "low security" network segment, cause he wants to be on the same
   network everyone else is, and once he is the boss, things will be
   the way he wants
4) Manager forbids the instalation of any "stupid software that keeps
   giving popups every time I want to access the internet" (Personal
   Firewalls)
5) Manager connect with his notebook to the internet at home
6) Manager plugs his notebook back on the company network

How often is this scenary ? I met it at least 3 times during the
Sasser infestantion alone.

[]s