Full Disclosure mailing list archives

lha vuln from last week

From: Brian Toovey <btoovey () igxglobal com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:30:49 -0400 (EDT)

List,

Anyone been following that lha vuln from last week?  I heard lha is in over 17 products (antivirus, archivers) but I
dont see but one antivirus company come out and acknowledge it (only because a public test was run).

I consider the vuln severe - but there has been little if no buzz about it.  If mail server's running lha code can be
compromised....  If desktop users only have to download their email.....

anyone have a thought on the severity of this?

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10243

Brian Toovey
igxglobal
389 Main Street Suite 206
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Ph: 201-498-0555x2225
btoovey () igxglobal com

Subscribe to the igxglobal Daily Security Briefing
http://www.igxglobal.com/dsb/register.html

igxglobal announces Daily Security Briefing newsletter

The electronic message that you have received and any attachments are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s)
and may contain information that is confidential. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by responding to
NOC () igxglobal com. You are required to delete the contents and destroy any copies immediately.
igxglobal is not liable for the views expressed in this electronic message or for the consequences of any computer
viruses that may be unknowingly transmitted within this message. This electronic message is also subject to standard
copyright/ownership laws. It is not intended to be reproduced, or re-transmitted without the consent of the originator.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html