Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Unpacking Sasser

From: IndianZ <indianz () indianz ch>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 13:40:18 +0200

Can you pls send me a copy for analysis?
Thanx...

GreetZ from IndianZ

mailto:indianz () indianz ch
http://www.indianz.ch

On Sunday 02 May 2004 10.37, Tom K wrote:
Stupidly I was infected with Sasser last night and whilst trying to
identify the program I found that the code was packed and I could find no
way of idenifying the packer from the EXE (avserve.exe produced no relevant
hits on Google). Could anyone tell me what unpacker to use to analyse the
code? And how was this determined?

Cheers in Advance.

Tom

P.S: If anyone would like a copy of the file to look at, feel free to ask.

P.S.S: This is my first post, go easy. ;)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html