Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Advisory 04/2004: Net(Free)BSD Systrace local root vulnerability

From: spender () grsecurity net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 00:26:38 -0400

Just to clarify, this advisory does not involve either of the two
vulnerabilities that I discovered over a year ago now that still remain
unpatched.  The one bug is a local root on Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD,
OpenBSD, and Mac OS X, and any other OS systrace is ported to in the
future.  The other bug is a complete bypass of systrace's "security" on
Linux.

Maybe keep looking Stefan ;)
If you can find them, I'll release my fulling working MENU-BASED
exploit.  Actually, I was quite upset at first that someone had killed
my bug but then I read the advisory closer and realized it was a
different local root, imagine that ;)  It amazes me that Niels has known
a local root vulnerability has existed in his code for over a year and
yet he hasn't even bothered to audit his own code, but instead continues
to promote it.

http://monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0304/msg01400.html
"I am looking forward to his local root exploit for systrace."
Sorry Niels, no such luck today :(
It was close!

-Brad

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.