Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Printer Buffer Security??

From: "Tiger Rhoades" <trhoades () bbn com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:12:10 -0400

I'm trying to figure out if the Epson Color Stylus 800 printer looses
it's buffer memory when unplugged.  I've got to use it for some
classified processing and don't want to have to destroy it when I'm
finished.

Epson says that it won't retain any information once it's turned off,
but they can't tell me anywhere that they state that it doesn't.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good place (internet
site/documentation) to find out which printers or if this specific
printer retains it's buffer memory when unplugged?

Tiger