Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is there any open source project support virtual machines

From: p00p () instable net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:24:47 -0400

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:38:23AM -0500, Jianqiang Xin wrote:
hi, all:
In our research project, we need to generate background traffic. One of
the problem is how to use one or two machines to simulate hundreds of
machines? Is there any open source project for this?
I don't know much about the subject, but chroot jails may accomplish
what you are wanting to do.

Unfortunately I don't know of any documents on the subject, but I know
of at least one hosting provider that provides virtual servers in this
manner.  There are probably more.

--
p00p () instable net
http://www.instable.net